1. YOUR USE OF OUR SITES AND APPS
You may access and use our Sites and Apps solely for your personal, noncommercial use. Except as expressly authorized hereunder, our Sites and Apps may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, sold, resold, visited, reverse-engineered or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without our prior written authorization. We reserve the right to alter or discontinue our Sites and Apps, in whole or in part, at any time in our sole discretion.
Subject to and conditioned upon your compliance with these Terms, we grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right and license, without right of sublicense, to access and use our Sites and Apps, including any images, text, graphics, sounds, data, links and other materials incorporated into our Sites and Apps (other than your User Submitted Materials as defined below), solely as made available by us and solely for your own personal purposes. Except as expressly authorized by these Terms, you may not use, reproduce, distribute, modify, transmit or publicly display any portion of our Sites and Apps or create derivative works of any portion our Sites and Apps without our written consent. While using any of our Sites and Apps, you agree not to:
◦ Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the rights of others, including, without limitation, others' privacy rights or rights of publicity;
◦ Impersonate any person or entity or use any fraudulent, misleading or inaccurate email address or other contact information;
◦ Restrict or inhibit any other user from using any of our Sites and Apps, including, without limitation, by means of "hacking" or defacing any portion our Sites and Apps;
◦ Violate any applicable laws or regulations;
◦ Upload to, transmit through, or display on any of our Sites and Apps (a) any material that is unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable, or infringes our or any third party's intellectual property or other rights; (b) any confidential, proprietary or trade secret information of any third party; or (c) any advertisements, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication (except as otherwise expressly permitted by us);
◦ Engage in spamming;
◦ Transmit any software or other materials that contain any viruses, worms, trojan horses, defects, or other destructive items;
◦ Modify, adapt, translate, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of our Sites and Apps; and
◦ Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in or displayed on any portion of our Sites and Apps.
◦ Display adult nudity or inappropriate child nudity.
◦ Upload photographs of people who have not given permission for their photographs to be uploaded to the Site.
◦ Post objectionable material, such as material containing hate or malicious content or offers for adult services, or material inciting or advocating terrorism or violence.
If you fail to comply with the above rules, such failure will constitute a violation of these Terms, and in addition to any other rights or remedies we may have, we may immediately terminate your access to and use of our Sites and Apps.
Please be aware that orders for personalized postage will only be shipped to the United States Territories. Qualified Orders will also be shipped to United States military personnel at APO/FPR addresses worldwide.
The following guidelines have been established by the U.S. Postal Service governing images which are restricted from appearing on customized postage:
◦ Content or images, whether appearing individually or in combination with other content or images, that may cause the Customized Postage program to become a public forum, including but not limited to:
▪ Content or images actively advocating or disparaging the religious, political, or legal agenda of any person or entity, including but not limited to content or images designed to influence a specific piece of legislation.
▪ Partisan or political content or images, including but not limited to content or images supporting or opposing election.
▪ Content or images related to human reproduction or sexuality, including but not limited to content or images related to services or counseling with regard to pregnancy, abortion, or other sexual matter.
◦ Unlawful content or images including but not limited to:
▪ Deceptive, defamatory, slanderous, libelous or obscene content or images.
▪ Content or images infringing upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to the USPS.
▪ Content or images emulating any form of valid postage indicia or payment of postage.
▪ Content or images that violate any living or deceased person's privacy or publicity rights.
◦ Content or images depicting discrimination on the basis of race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual or political orientation, or age.
◦ Content or images containing non-incidental depiction of firearms, ammunition, or gambling.
◦ Content or images depicting graphic violence.
◦ Content or images depicting illegal activities, illegal substances, and paraphernalia designed for use in connection with illegal substances or activities, or convicted criminals.
◦ Content or images depicting profanity, nudity, or sexually explicit functions or materials.
◦ Content or images related to the sales of alcoholic beverages, tobacco or tobacco related products.
◦ Content or images related to the sale of products designed for use in connection with sexual activity, or product, services or entertainment directed to sexual stimulation.
2. YOUR MEMBER ACCOUNT
You may create a member account with any of our Sites and Apps by registering your name, providing certain information about yourself, and creating a password. You agree that you will provide complete, current and accurate information about yourself as requested, and that you will keep that information up to date. You are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of your username and password that you use to access your member account on our Sites and Apps. You agree not to disclose your username or password to any third party. YOU AGREE THAT YOU ARE SOLELY AND FULLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS TAKEN UNDER YOUR ACCOUNT, WHETHER OR NOT YOU HAVE AUTHORIZED SUCH ACTIVITIES OR ACTIONS. You will immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account on any of our Sites and Apps.
In order to create a member account with any of our Sites and Apps, you must be at least 18 years of age. Otherwise, if you are 13 or older, you may only use our Sites and Apps under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who manages your account. Children under 13 are not permitted to use our Sites and Apps.
3. MAKING PURCHASES
Descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, price and availability of any products or services are subject to change without notice, and our current prices can be found on our Sites and Apps. We make reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of our products, including the applicable colors; however, the actual color you see will depend on your computer system, and we cannot guarantee that your computer will accurately display such colors. The inclusion of any products or services on our Sites and Apps at a particular time does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available at any time. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the possession, use and sale of any item purchased through our Sites and Apps. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. We reserve the right, with or without prior notice, to limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; to honor, or impose conditions on the honoring of, any coupon, coupon code, promotional code or other similar promotions; to bar any user from making any or all purchase(s); and/or to refuse to provide any user with any product or service.
Title and risk of loss for any purchases pass to you upon our delivery to our carrier. When you place an order, we will charge you immediately, even though the items ordered may ship later. We reserve the right to ship partial orders (at no additional cost to you), and the portion of any order that is partially shipped may be charged at the time of shipment.
4. CONTESTS AND SWEEPSTAKES
5. MOBILE APPLICATIONS
Before using our mobile application ("App"), we may ask you to install a valid copy of the App on your mobile device, register for an account, input your account information into the App as requested, and meet certain hardware and connection requirements which may change as the App evolves. You are responsible for any internet connection fees and/or mobile carrier charges that you incur when accessing or using an App. Should you uninstall an App from your mobile device, you may not be able to use all or some of the features of the App and you may lose access to some of your content. We use reasonable efforts to accurately display the attributes of any photographs in products that you order through an App, including the colors of those photographs; however, the actual color you see is dependent upon your mobile device, and we cannot guarantee that your mobile device will accurately display such colors.
6. MATERIALS SUBMITTED BY CUSTOMER
Any materials submitted by you, including, without limitation, photographs, videos, images, text, graphics and other materials (collectively, "User Submitted Materials") are subject to the following terms and conditions:
◦ You will retain ownership of such User Submitted Materials, and you grant us and our designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual irrevocable right and license, with right of sublicense (through multiple tiers), to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of and publicly display such User Submitted Materials solely in connection with the production or provision of any product or service you request or to show you how your User Submitted Materials would appear in our products or services. For example, when you place an order for a product, we will prepare, manipulate (if necessary), and transmit the User Submitted Materials for production, packaging and shipment.
◦ Please note that, while you retain ownership of your User Submitted Materials, any template or layout in which you arrange or organize such User Submitted Materials through tools and features made available through any of our Sites and Apps are not proprietary to you, and the rights to such template or layout will remain with us.
◦ You represent and warrant that you own or otherwise possess all necessary rights with respect to the User Submitted Materials, and that the User Submitted Materials do not and will not infringe, misappropriate, use or disclose without authorization or otherwise violate any copyright, trade secret right or other intellectual property or other property right of any third party, and that the User Submitted Materials are not unlawful, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene or otherwise objectionable.
◦ You consent to the use of your likeness, and you have obtained the written consent, release, and/or permission of every identifiable individual who appears in User Submitted Materials to use such individual's likeness, for purposes of using and otherwise exploiting the User Submitted Materials in the manner contemplated by these Terms, or, if any such identifiable individual is under the age of eighteen (18), you have obtained such written consent, release and/or permission from such individual's parent or guardian (and you agree to provide to us a copy of any such consents, releases and/or permissions upon our request). If you do submit a submission that contains the likeness of an identifiable individual under the age of eighteen (18), we strongly encourage you not to include any identifying information (such as the individual's name or address) with such User Submitted Materials.
◦ You agree that we may (but are not obligated to) filter any User Submitted Materials (including, without limitation, deleting or replacing expletives or other harmful or offensive language), refuse to use any User Submitted Materials (including, without limitation, suspending processing and shipping of any order relating to any User Submitted Materials) and/or disclose any User Submitted Materials and the circumstances surrounding the use thereof, to any third party in order to provide the applicable products or services, to enforce these Terms or to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
◦ User Submitted Materials that violate these Terms may be removed from our Sites and Apps; provided, however, that we have no obligation to remove User Submitted Materials in response to user reports or requests. We are not responsible for, and will have no liability for, the removal, non-removal or loss of any User Submitted Materials from our Sites and Apps. We recommend you keep back-up copies of your User Submitted Materials on your hard drive or other personal system.
7. COPYRIGHT ISSUES
While we are not obligated to review User Submitted Materials for copyright infringement, we are committed to protecting copyrights and expect users of our Sites and Apps to do the same. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the "DMCA") provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe in good faith that any material used or displayed on or through our Sites and Apps infringes your copyright, you (or your agent) may send us a notice requesting that the material be removed, or access to it blocked. The notice must include the following information: (a) a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed; (b) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works); (c) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on our Sites and Apps; (d) the name, address, telephone number and email address (if available) of the complaining party; (e) a statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and (f) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed. If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices must meet the then-current statutory requirements imposed by the DMCA; see http://www.copyright.gov for details. DMCA notices and counter-notices regarding our Sites and Apps should be sent to:
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTIES CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS, OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING ALL MATERIALS INCORPORATED THEREIN, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE AND OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, ACCURACY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR USAGE OF TRADE. NOTE: CERTAIN APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. NO STATEMENT OF OURS OR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND AFFILIATES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY OTHER THAN THOSE EXPRESSLY CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER WE NOR ANY OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, OR AFFILIATES SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS, PROFITS, USE OR DATA), WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, EVEN IF THE PROMPTLY JOURNALS PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) PRODUCTS OR SERVICES, OR FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR SUBMISSIONS OR DATA, EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROMPTLY JOURNALS PARTIES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. FURTHERMORE, THE PROMPTLY JOURNALS PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY THIRD-PARTY CONTENT UPLOADED. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH PRODUCTS IS TO OBTAIN A REFUND, AND YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH SERVICES IS TO STOP USING THE SERVICES. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF THE PROMPTLY JOURNALS PARTIES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO OUR PROVISION OF (OR FAILURE TO PROVIDE) PRODUCTS OR SERVICES SHALL BE THE ACTUAL PRICE PAID THEREFORE BY YOU. NOTE: CERTAIN JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR CERTAIN OTHER TYPES OF DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
10. POLICY FOR IDEA SUBMISSION
Many of our customers are interested in submitting ideas and suggestions for products and services to be used at our Sites and Apps, either independently of, or in conjunction with, our internally developed concepts. We appreciate our customers' interest in improving our Sites and Apps; however, please note that any such ideas or suggestions that you submit are considered non-confidential and non-proprietary to you. You grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sub-licensable, perpetual license to use and publish those ideas and materials for any purpose, without compensation to you. If you intend to retain any intellectual property rights in your ideas and suggestions (patent, trade secrets, copyright, trademark, etc.), please do not submit them to us without our prior written approval.
You can inquire regarding such approval by sending an email to email@example.com. If we are interested in pursuing any idea or suggestion of yours, we will contact you. Please note that an additional legal agreement may be required by us in order to evaluate your idea or suggestion.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY NOTICES
Our Sites and Apps are protected by patent, trademark, trade dress and/or copyright under United States and/or foreign laws. This includes but is not limited to text, data, wallpaper, icons, characters, artwork, images, photographs, graphics, music, sound, messages, graphics, software, and the HTML used to generate the pages (collectively, "Materials and Content"), is property of Promptly Journals or that of our suppliers or licensors. Except as otherwise provided on the site or in these Terms or without prior written consent from Promptly Journals, you may not use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, reproduce, publish, modify, delete, add to, license, post, transmit, or distribute any Materials and Content from this Site in whole or in part, for any public or commercial purpose. Promptly Journals grants you a personal, limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access our Sites and Apps and to use the information and services contained here. We reserve the right, for any reason or for no reason, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to revise the products and services described on our Sites and Apps and to terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our Sites and Apps, including, but not limited to, the Materials and Content on our Sites and Apps as well as features and/or hours of availability of our Sites and Apps, and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so. We may also impose rules for and limits on use of our Sites and Apps or restrict your access to part, or all, of our Sites and Apps without notice or penalty. We further reserve the right to cease doing business with customers who violate any of these Terms.
12. JURISDICTIONAL ISSUES
Our Sites and Apps are controlled and operated from the United States. Our Sites and Apps are not subject to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. We do not represent or warrant that any of our Sites and Apps, products, and/or services or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access Promptly Journals do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the availability of our Sites and Apps, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion.
These Terms are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Utah, United States of America, without regards to its conflict of law provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of any State or Federal court located in the County of Salt Lake, Utah, United States of America, and waive any jurisdictional, venue or inconvenient forum objections to such courts. If any provision of these Terms, or the application thereof to any person, place or circumstance, will be held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or otherwise unenforceable, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible, or, if incapable of such enforcement, will be deemed to be deleted from these Terms, and the remainder of these Terms and such provisions as applied to other persons, places and circumstances will remain in full force and effect. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder will be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default, nor will any delay or omission on the part of either party to exercise or avail itself of any right or remedy that it has or may have hereunder operate as a waiver of any right or remedy. This is the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter herein and supersedes any and all prior or contemporaneous written or oral agreements between us with respect to such subject matter. These Terms are not assignable, transferable or sublicenseable by you except with our prior written consent. These Terms may not be modified or amended except as set forth in the introductory section of these Terms. Any heading, caption or section title contained in these Terms is inserted only as a matter of convenience and in no way defines or explains any section or provision hereof. If you have any questions or comments regarding these Terms, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Either you or we may terminate your access to our Sites and Apps and to your account at any time, with or without cause, and with or without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, we may terminate your access if you violate these Terms. Upon termination for any reason, your right to access and/or use our Sites and Apps will immediately cease. Upon termination, you will have no further access to, and we may delete, any information, files or materials in or related to your account, including, without limitation, any User Submitted Materials. Upon termination, Promptly Journals may delete all information, files and materials related to your account, including any User Submitted Materials, and we will have no obligation whatsoever to save or make any such information, files or materials available to you. You agree that we will have no liability whatsoever to you or any other party as a result of a termination of your access our Sites and Apps and to your account and/or as a result of the deletion or loss of any information, files or materials in or related to your account.
15. DISPUTES WITH PROMPTLY JOURNALS
If you’re upset with us, let us know, and hopefully we can resolve your issue. But if we can’t, then these rules will govern any legal dispute involving our Services:
The Terms are governed by the laws of the State of Utah, without regard to its conflict of laws rules, and the laws of the United States of America. These laws will apply no matter where in the world you live, but if you live outside of the United States, you may be entitled to the protection of the mandatory consumer protection provisions of your local consumer protection law.
You and Promptly Journals agree that any dispute or claim arising from or relating to the Terms shall be finally settled by final and binding arbitration, using the English language, administered by the American Arbitration Association (the “AAA”) under its Commercial Arbitration Rules then in effect (those rules are deemed to be incorporated by reference into this section, and as of the date of these Terms you can find them here or by calling the AAA at 1–800–778–7879). Arbitration will be handled by a sole arbitrator in accordance with those rules. Judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court that has jurisdiction. Any arbitration under the Terms will take place on an individual basis--class arbitrations and class actions are not permitted. You understand that by agreeing to the Terms, you and Promptly Journals are each waiving the right to trial by jury or to participate in a class action or class arbitration. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each party shall have the right to bring an action in a court of proper jurisdiction for injunctive or other equitable or conservatory relief, pending a final decision by the arbitrator. You may instead assert your claim in “small claims” court, but only if your claim qualifies, your claim remains in such court, and your claim remains on an individual, non-representative, and non-class basis.
Payment for any and all reasonable AAA filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees will be in accordance with the Consumer Arbitration Rules. If the value of your claim does not exceed $10,000, Promptly Journals will pay for the reasonable filing, administrative, and arbitrator fees associated with the arbitration, unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought was frivolous or brought for an improper purpose.
We’re based in Salt Lake City, Utah, so any legal action against Promptly Journals related to our Services must be filed and take place in Salt Lake City. That means the seat of any arbitration shall be Salt Lake City. For any actions not subject to arbitration, you and Promptly Journals agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of a state court located in Salt Lake County, Utah or the United States District Court for the District of Utah.
If you are a government agent or entity in the United States using the Services in your official capacity, and you are legally unable to agree to the clauses in this section, then those clauses do not apply to you. In that case, the Terms and any action related to the Terms will be governed by the laws of the United States (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of Utah.
If we make any changes to this “Disputes with Promptly Journals” section after the date you last accepted the Terms, those changes will not apply to any claims filed in a legal proceeding against Promptly Journals prior to the date the changes became effective. Promptly Journals will notify you of substantive changes to the “Disputes with Promptly Journals” section at least 30 days prior to the date the change will become effective. If you do not agree to the modified terms, you may send Promptly Journals a written notification (including email) or close your account within those 30 days. By rejecting a modified term or permanently closing your account, you agree to arbitrate any disputes between you and Promptly Journals in accordance with the provisions of this “Disputes with Promptly Journals” section as of the date you last accepted the Terms, including any changes made prior to your rejection. If you reopen your closed account or create a new account, you agree to be bound by the current version of the Terms.
The Terms, including all of the policies that make up the Terms, supersede any other agreement between you and Promptly Journals regarding the Sites and Apps. If any part of the Terms is found to be unenforceable, that part will be limited to the minimum extent necessary so that the Terms will otherwise remain in full force and effect. Our failure to enforce any part of the Terms is not a waiver of our right to later enforce that or any other part of the Terms. We may assign any of our rights and obligations under the Terms.
16. FINANCIAL TERMS
Certain Services are paid services. This section explains how we handle payments for those paid services. For certain paid services, such as site subscriptions, we’ll automatically bill you in regular intervals (such as monthly or annually) unless you disable auto-renewal or cancel your subscription. You can do that anytime.
You can access certain portions of the Services by submitting a fee payment (such additional services, “Paid Services”). Paid Services will remain in effect until cancelled or terminated in accordance with this Agreement. We’ll tell you about fees for Paid Services before charging you. You may cancel Paid Services at any time via the Services. If you don't pay for Paid Services on time, we reserve the right to suspend or cancel your access to the Paid Services. Transaction fees and additional fees may also apply to certain portions of the Services, and we’ll tell you about those fees before charging you. Our fees will appear on an invoice that we provide via the Services, unless otherwise indicated. Please note that different Paid Services have different fees and payment schedules, and canceling one Paid Service may not cancel all your Paid Services.
All fees are exclusive of applicable national, provincial, state, local or other taxes (“Taxes”), unless explicitly stated otherwise. You're responsible for all applicable Taxes, and we'll charge Taxes in addition to the fees for the Services when required to do so. If you're exempt from Taxes, you must provide us with valid tax exemption documentation. We reserve the right to determine if the documentation provided is valid. Tax exemption will, provided we’re satisfied its valid and applicable, only apply from and after the date we receive such documentation. If Promptly Journals has a legal obligation to pay or collect indirect Taxes (such as value-added tax or goods and services tax) on the sale to you under the laws of your country (where you are established, have a permanent address or usually reside), you shall be liable for payment of any such indirect Taxes. Where Promptly Journals does not have a legal obligation to pay or collect indirect Taxes on a sale of Paid Services to you, you may be required to self-assess those Taxes under the applicable laws of your country (where you are established, have a permanent address or usually reside).
To ensure uninterrupted service, we'll automatically bill you for certain Paid Services from the date you submit your initial payment and on each renewal period afterwards until cancellation. Your renewal period will be equal in time to the renewal period of your current subscription. For example, if you're on a monthly subscription plan, each billable renewal period will be for one (1) month. We’ll automatically charge you the applicable amount using the payment method you have on file with us. We’ll let you know in advance if you’re purchasing a Paid Service that includes auto-renewal payments. You can disable auto-renewal at any time via the Services.
While you may cancel any Paid Services at any time, you won't be issued a refund except in our sole discretion, or if legally required.
We may change our fees at any time. We’ll provide you with advance notice of these fee changes via the Services. New fees will not apply retroactively. If you don't agree with the fee changes, you have the right to reject the change by canceling the applicable Paid Service before your next payment date.
17. AUTOMATIC RENEWAL
YOUR JOURNAL SUBSCRIPTIONS AND PAYMENTS TO US WILL AUTOMATICALLY RENEW AT THE END OF THE SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD, UNLESS YOU CANCEL YOUR SUBSCRIPTION BY CONTACTING CUSTOMER SERVICE AT email@example.com OR WE TERMINATE IT BEFORE THE END OF THE CURRENT SUBSCRIPTION PERIOD.