Have you placed your photos in your journal yet? If not, then you're in luck! We've teamed up with Mixbook and they are going to offer 10 free photo prints to Promptly's customers!
We often get asked, "What is the best way to paste photos in a Promptly Journal?" Wonder no more! Below is a step by step tutorial of the quickest and longest lasting way to do so.
1. ORDER PHOTO PRINTS FROM MIXBOOK
Mixbook makes it so easy to upload and order photos. It's also a bonus that you don't have to haul your kids in the car somewhere to pick them up. They'll just ship directly to your house. The quality is great and their site is super intuitive and easy to use. I had a great experience using them.
A couple of tips...
- Order the classic glossy photo prints. The Matte prints are my fave and so beautiful, however, they are too thick for the binding of our Journals.
- Order either the 4"x6" or 5"x5" size.
- Use code PROMPTLY to get 10 free prints. Promotion ends 5/21/17.
2. PASTE IN PHOTO
The quickest way to insert your photos is with a good old fashioned glue stick. You get more coverage than double stick tape (or glue dots) and it's leaves a smooth finish (no glue bleeds or tape marks).
We recommend using an archival grade glue stick to paste in your pictures. If the glue says, "Toxic Free", "Archival", or "Acid Free" then the glue won't affect your pictures in years to come.
- Make sure you apply all the way to the corners. Overlap the glue off the edge so you get the full picture.
- Use a dry paper towel to press firmly on the picture, to avoid getting finger prints on the glossy paper. Press firmly to secure glue.
Then close the book and give another good squeeze to secure the adhesion.
3. WRITE A CAPTION
Once your pictures are in, briefly describe details about the pictures. Think of details that aren't obvious from the picture itself. Things like age, date taken, names of others in the picture, or interesting events that occurred when the pic was taken (ie: "She was very fussy until Dad cuddled her. He always has a way of calming her.").
That's it! Happy Journaling!
Mixbook is also running a 50% off promotion on their photo books for Mother's Day. These are the perfect Mother's Day gift for Grandmas. I made 2 of these for my mom and mother-in-law and they turned out awesome.